Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Paper Pretties Scrapbooking Challenge!

Well ladies....I have a challenge for you today! I know that many of you are wonderfully talented card makers, but that many of you don't scrapbook! So, the challenge this month is going to give you card makers a chance to try your hand at some journaling! I challenge you all to love your handwriting and journal, in your own hand, on a scrapbook page.

Use your Paper Pretties stamps if you have them, and if not, feel free to play along anyways! You have until next Thursday, Sept. 4th to upload your creations to the Paper Pretties Gallery under weekly challenges. You can use keyword PSC2.

Here is my sample:


The patterned papers that I used are from the Chatter Box Reading Room Collection. I LOVE this collection! It is one of those that has been in my stash for a while...just waiting to be cut into. I feel like I should enter a support group or something.... "Hi, my name is Colleen and I hoard pretty paper...". :)

The stamps that I used are Sealed With A Kiss from Paper Pretties and Office Accoutrement from SU! I did my journaling with a Le Plume pen in dark brown. The flowers were stamped in White Daisy ink from CTMH onto chocolate chip card stock from SU! and then they were cut out by hand. I then coated them with clear embossing powder and heated them with my heat gun.

My main image was coloured with CTMH water colour pencils and then blended with OMS. I used an edge distresser around my journaling block and a corner rounder on all of my photos.

Red buttons in the flower centers and brown metal photo clips provide little accents to tie the page together!

Thanks for stopping by today and I can't wait to see what you create!

2 comments:

Jessie/knightrone said...

Wonderful page and challenge!! Thanks Colleen!!

Christi Flores said...

This is such a sweet layout and a great challenge!!