Sunday, August 3, 2008

It Was a Raging Success!

On Friday night, we had another Stampin' In Your Jammies release party over at Paper Pretties. Four new stamps were released...so make sure you pop on over and take a peek! The party was a raging success...we broke the server....again. :) But, it bounced back and we were able to finish the party. What fun!

Prettie Girl, Charmaine, issued challenges at the top of each hour, and I have my first challenge card to share with you today! The challenge was to make a black and white card with one splash of colour. Some of the girls massaged this challenge just a bit....colouring in faces and hair too! LOL! My lady looks a little on the pale side, but I like her anyways! :)

The stamp is from Rubber Romance. {Christie has some of the Rubber Romance stamps in her store here. She also has several other manufacturers in stock too...so be sure to check it out!} I used a black card stock base and ran it through my Cuttlebug using the script folder to emboss it. I then used my White Daisy ink pad from CTMH to highlight the embossed areas. The image was water coloured with SU! watercolour crayons. The red scalloped edge was made with scissors. I used punches for the circle and oval shapes on which the sentiment is mounted. The sentiment is from MFT...Essential Sentiments, I think. I embossed the sentiment with super fine black embossing powder...although you can't really see it in the photo.

Don't forget....I have issued my first Paper Pretties scrapbooking challenge! You can find the link to the challenge here. You have until Thursday, August 7th to complete the challenge and upload your creation here...the Paper Pretties Weekly Challenges Gallery. Use the keyword PSC1....Pretties Scrapbooking Challenge One! Get crackin'....I know there are some closet scrapbookers out there! I can't wait to see what you come up with! And, as a little extra incentive...Christie might just have a little something-something to send to the challenge winner!



Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Jessie/knightrone said...

Gorgeous card Colleen!!

Jana Weaver said...

I Love this card Colleen! She's just gorgeous!!

Christi Flores said...

Man, this is gorgeous!!!!

Unknown said...

This is just a gorgeous card! I love how elegant it is! :)