Saturday, August 16, 2008

Happy Anniversary!

My husband and I celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary on August 9th. I posted the card that my son made for my husband...but I realized that I still haven't posted the one that I made! So, here it is!

I made a card previously that I really liked...you can see it here. Since the card was well received...I decided to use the same technique on this card base also. I ran the base through my Cuttlebug using the script embossing folder. I then used White Daisy ink from CTMH to highlight the embossed areas. The stamp is Sealed With A Kiss from Paper Pretties. The sentiments are all from the same set also. I stamped the main image on water colour paper and then cut a heart in the front of the card and put the stamped image behind. I used thin red ribbon to stitch around the heart to highlight it. Luke and Lexi were coloured with water colour crayons.


The big, red brads next to each sentiment are from Imaginisce and they are called Jingle Brads. The ribbon is from A. C. Moore in the clearance bin. I bought it after Valentine's Day and it has been hanging around here ever since.

I have mixed feelings about this card....it is WAY busier than anything I generally make...but, it is going to be around for a long time since I gave it to my husband! Maybe it will grow on me.....


Don't forget to check out the sale that Christie is having over at Paper Pretties! You can find the details here.

Thanks for stopping by today!


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Colleen!! Hope you had a wonderful anniversary! Ours is the 19th! :)

Carolina said...

What an adorable card Colleen! I hope you had a wonderful anniversary!

Christi Flores said...

This is so sweet!! My anniversary is coming up September 4th! :)

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is gorgeous!!

jonisart said...

Happy Anniversary Colleen! I'm sure your husband must have loved this card, it's beautiful!