Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Way To Go!

This card was so much fun for me to make! I have a neighbour who asked me to make a humorous card for her brother-in-law who was turning 5o. I immediately thought of the set 'Way To Go' that I purchased over at Gina K.

The toilet was stamped onto the blue card stock and it was then coloured with a white water colour crayon from SU! The toilet paper holder was stamped directly onto the card base also, but I then stamped it again on white, trimmed it out, and layered it onto the main image to give the look of dimension. I actually popped up the dangling end of the tissue with a small dimensional to make it look as though it is hanging. The plunger was stamped onto a separate piece of card stock and then coloured, cut out and popped up with dimensionals.

The black and white tile floor was made from scrap that I had left in my scrap bin from a 'page-a-day' scrapbooking calendar. I pieced it around the toilet base and then the plunger was put on top. The sentiment was stamped in black StazOn on twill tape. I used black brads and paper piercing to accent the corners a bit and added stickers to punched circles highlighting the recipient's age....I am sure he appreciated that!


Inside the card I stamped the above birthday message (from the same set). I added the little toilet brush to finish it off! Who could resist a smile after seeing that?!
Thanks for stopping by today!

1 comment:

Jessie/knightrone said...

How cute Colleen!! I love it!!