Friday, August 8, 2008

Kids With Fur

Last night I managed to get my challenge card completed...you know...the one that was supposed to be posted on Wednesday? I don't know what has been going on with me this week...but man, have I had problems creating! I am happy with how this little card turned out...so maybe my mojo is coming back! Let's hope so!

This challenge was issued by Jodi, and it was to make a 3 x 3 card. Wow....that's tiny! I didn't realize just how tiny until I cut my card base! The challenge was then to find a Paper Pretties stamp that would work!

I decided to use this cute little dog from Rainy Day Friend. The idea of cutting out these squares this way actually came to me in my sleep. I love how it looks. I really wish I would get inspiration in my sleep more often! It came together so easily.


The sentiment is from one of the MFT sentiments sets. I used a white gel pen to make the dots that frame the images. I added two brown brads and a bit of brown and blue grosgrain ribbon to finish things off. The image was coloured with coloured pencils and blended with OMS. The papers are all from my scrap bins.

Thanks for stopping by today!

4 comments:

Christi Flores said...

Too cute!!!

Unknown said...

Very cute card Colleen!! Love that dog! :)

jonisart said...

That's a great idea with the squares! Hmmm, I may have to steal that from you...;-)

Carolina said...

Just darlin' Colleen!!!