Thursday, August 21, 2008

Genuine Boy

I have a card tote to share with you today. I have made these totes before, and featured them on my blog many times before...but they are so cute, and they make great gifts....so I can't resist!

This particular tote was made as a gift for a woman who is having a baby boy. The request was to make the cards appropriate to be used as thank you cards for potential gift givers.

I used papers from a Provo Craft Slab with American Crafts Ribbon that reads 'genuine boy' on the outside of the tote. The brackets around this sentiment were traced and cut out of card stock. I used plastic punctuation from American Crafts as my pattern for this task. The buttons are random ones that came from my Mom's sewing stash the last time I raided her button bucket.



I decided to use the kangaroo from Just So Hoppy by Melanie Muenchinger as the main image on my cards. I stamped the sentiments 'It's a Boy' and 'Thank You' onto the balloons in the set, and cut them out and popped them up using dimensionals. Both the kangaroo and the balloons were coloured using coloured pencils and then they were blended using OMS.


The scalloped edges were made with scissors and then I ran the scalloped pieces of card stock through my Cuttlebug using the Swiss Dots folder. Linen thread serves as the string for the balloons. I LOVE the linen thread from SU!. I have been using it a lot lately. It gives a similar feel as the hemp twine to a project (IMHO), but it is much finer and easier to work with.

I made two cards of each design and tucked them into my trusty tote. I just got an email from my friend today (waving 'hi' Stefanie!) and she LOVED it!
Stay tuned for more totes later in the week!
Thanks for stopping by today!

4 comments:

jonisart said...

These totes are just so cute, I can't wait to try my own! Beautiful job on yours, love all the buttons:-)

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is so super cute!! Love all the buttons!!

Carolina said...

Oh is this ever adorable!!! Love this adorable tote and the buttons are just the perfect touch!

Melanie said...

that tote is terrific! love thsoe buttons, too cute!