Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Growing Up Fast!

I recently made this card for my little nephew in Canada. He is having his 4th birthday, and he will be starting Junior Kindergarten right around the same time. I figured I would kill two birds with one stone, and make him a birthday card with Look Out World from Paper Pretties.

This card gave me my first chance to practice with my new rectangular nestabilites that I purchased over at Papertrey. I got the rectangles to start, but hope to add to my collection over the next few months... *wink*.



The yellow cardstock is Barely Banana from SU! I don't know what it is...I never used yellow before, but ever since I got this package of Barely Banana, I use it on everything! I used my slit punch on the corners of the mat for the main image, and then tucked the stamped image in behind the slits to hold it in place. I then put a button on each corner and tied a piece of American Crafts ribbon around the center behind the main image.

The sentiment is stamped in Midnight Blue StazOn, and the little spiral clip on the right side covers the tiniest little blemish of ink....but shhhhhh.....don't tell anyone, ok? :)

Mr. Cooper was coloured with pencils and blended with OMS.

** Be sure to join me tomorrow for my Paper Pretties Scrapbooking Challenge! I will be posting my challenge one day early this month because we leave for DISNEY early on Thursday morning! **

Thanks for stopping by today!




4 comments:

Christi Flores said...

This is too sweet!!!

Unknown said...

So cute! Glad you got your nesties to work out and hope you're LOVING them.

Have a FANTASTIC trip!

Carolina said...

What a darlin' card!

jonisart said...

Super cute! Don't you love how embellishments can cover all our mistakes?:-) Have a great trip!