Sunday, August 24, 2008

A Fun Day!

Last Saturday I made the drive to New Hampshire to a scrapbooking store called The Paper Tree. The purpose of my trip wasn't just to shop (although I did some of that too!), but instead it was to take three classes being taught by the Lauren Meader!

The first class was by far and away my favourite of the day....we made this adorable little stationary kit!


It almost looks like a little lunch box, wouldn't you say?!

The belly band slides either up or down, and then the top flips up and the whole thing folds open. Lauren said that this is her favourite project to date....and I have to admit that I love it too.

This is what the box looks like when it is unfolded. There are four monogrammed cards (and envelopes) in each side of the box.

This is one of the cards. I monogrammed my project with a "T" for a lucky friend who has an upcoming birthday! It is in the mail on its way to her as we speak. :)



I have since tried to recreate this box....and I finally figured it out after a couple of mistakes. I jotted down some rough notes while taking the class in hopes of being able to make these boxes again. Let's just say, it's a good thing I worked through my 'rough notes' before tucking this little baby in the mail to my friend! LOL

Have a great day!

2 comments:

jonisart said...

That is adorable! It would make a perfect gift for anyone:-)

Carolina said...

Such a great project I'm sure it won't be the last one and how fun to take a class with Lauren - lucky girl!