Wednesday, February 13, 2008

One Layout, Two Looks

I recently had an order for one dozen sympathy cards. Nothing religious, nothing sentimental......my customer wanted something more on the sophisticated side. I worked mainly with earthy tones and subtle patterns so as not to be overwhelming or too 'cheery'.

Below are two pics of cards that I made from the same basic sketch. I tweeked it a bit, but the fundamentals are the same. Each card has a very different look, despite beginning from the same seed of thought.

This card has a very clean and more sophisticated look to it. I used stamp sets from both Close To My Heart and Stampin' Up. Inside the card it reads 'With Deepest Sympathy' which was stamped in brown ink from StazOn. The papers are from Basic Grey.


This card has a more 'earthy' feel to it than the one above. I distressed the edges of the paper and inked some of them as well. These are two techniques you will see me use a lot. I love the distressed look, and I am gradually expanding my repertoire of techniques with that goal in mind.
Stay tuned for more sympathy cards to come....

No comments: