Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Dum, Dum, Da Dum

....think wedding music when you read the title.... I am sure it makes a lot more sense now!

A recent card order I completed contained a request for wedding cards. I made a special effort to stay away from pinks and purples...they just conjure up bad wedding visions for me! I remember when Kevin and I got married (1997)...all brides maids at that time seemed to be wearing various shades of pink or purple. Hence the reason that I picked yellow for our brides maids!

In the card below, I stuck with blues and browns...that is one of my recent favourite colour combinations. It is a criss cross card...the tutorial for making them can be found here, at Split Coast Stampers.

The flower stamp on the front and the swirl stamp on the inside are actually big, chunky foam stamps from Making Memories. I stamped the images and then embossed them with clear embossing powder. The second stamp on the inside card...the ring stamp, reads '....and the two become one'. It was purchased at A.C. Moore. A bit of bling for the flower's center, and it was ready to go!



The bride and groom stamp on this card was actually purchased at a stationary shop in Geneva. It was in Old Town....but I couldn't even tell you the name of it any more. If anyone is really interested, leave me a comment and I can find out for you. I think these papers are from Close To My Heart, if my memory serves me correctly.


Once again, I stayed away from pinks and purples. I didn't want anything too feminine, but it still had to look 'wedding-ish'. After all, it was for a wedding! :)

No comments: