Sunday, February 24, 2008

It's Been a Long Week...

This week was winter break week for Noah's school. So, that means, no school, no extra-curricular activities, and lots of bickering and teasing between my kids!!

I believe it was Wednesday afternoon when I decided I needed to mix things up a bit. We had played games, watched TV, had a play date, done puzzles, so the next thing I came up with was craft time.

I had picked up a kids' crafty mini magazine while in line at the grocery store earlier in the week, so we broke that baby out!

This was one of the projects we completed from the mini mag.


It is an airplane made from card stock. The stand is made from florists' wire, and let me tell you, this IS NOT a sturdy, well made craft. The slightest breeze, or even a sneeze in the next room and the thing goes flying. Although cute, VERY frustrating for all involved. The balance has to be just right.
The next projects were star mobiles. Once again they were made from card stock (thank goodness for my stash!) along with a bit of string. We used my QuicKutz to make the numerous stars we needed. We made one of each of the projects, for each of the kids. Heaven forbid they should have to share! Gasp!


And here is the finished product!

No comments: