Tuesday, May 27, 2008

It's Nana's Birthday!

Several weeks ago my friend needed a birthday card for her Nana. I thought that the stamp set 'Happy Mother's Day' from MFT would be very appropriate. I simply left the 'Happy Mother's Day' sentiment off my card.

This was a sketch from somewhere...but we are actually in Canada right now...so I have limited access to my notes and I can't remember where it came from!

These papers are all from a scrap stack. The flowers are from Joann Crafts, as are the rhinestone brads.

I stitched around the stamped image with my sewing machine and then water coloured it with my SU! crayons. I stamped out extra lilies and hand cut them. I then curled them up a bit and adhered them at their bases with my Scotch Quick Dry liquid adhesive. I have to say, it is my 'go to' adhesive for anything difficult to adhere these days. It dries clear and quick....two things I like. It also has a great, strong bond and I use it for bulky embellishments like buttons or metal.


The image below shows the layering of the lilies and leaves. It gives a nice touch of dimension to the project.

I hope you all have a great week! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: