Friday, May 9, 2008

Challenges

I have been totally out of the loop when it comes to challenges over at Paper Pretties. I am just now figuring out what is going on! LOL! I think part of the problem was that I post my weekly projects on Wednesdays....the same day that the challenges are to be posted. I have been so focused on posting my weekly projects, that I have been missing out on the challenges. I am going to attempt to change that!

So, from what I can tell (after the fact!) the last two challenges were issued by Danielle and Joni. The were to create a masculine card and to use paper piecing, respectively. I decided, in the interest of getting caught up (albeit a bit late!) that I would kill two birds with one stone and make a card that met both criteria!

So here is my masculine paper pieced card! And, it was for a customer order to boot! How great is that?!


I used MFT set Let's Hear it for the Boy. The rug and recliner were paper pieced with scraps from my scrap box. The rest of the image was coloured using water colour crayons and pencils. The image was then fastened to a piece of cardstock which was distressed with a distressor from CTMH. The card base is generic brown cardstock and the patterned paper behind the main image was from my scrap box. I scrunched it up and then smoothed it out to give it a messy, distressed, rumpled, manly kind-of-look. LOL. I used staples on the corners, and yes, that is the tab from a pop (a.k.a. 'soda') can on the top corner! Lately, my masculine cards have all been adorned with assorted metal things.

From what I can figure out now...the next challenge was issued by Christie and it is to use acetate.


I think it is due on this coming Wednesday.......I think.....


No comments: