Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Hybrid Music Man

I have to say...this card was fun for me to make. I needed a father's day card for a friend who's step dad is very musically inclined. The challenge was that I didn't have any musical themed stamps that 'worked'. I have since corrected that problem. :)

I had a new musicabella stamp, but I didn't really feel it was appropriate for a father's day card! So, I decided to use my beerafella instead. I stamped both a beerafella image and a musicabella image on water colour paper. I cut the music note out from the musicabella image and then fastened it onto the beerafella's hand where his beer used to be! I am sure he was none too impressed about that! LOL! The new image was then coloured using watercolour pencils and blended with OMS.



The paper that I used for the background is positively ancient and I have no idea where it came from...I found it in my scrap bin...of course! The ribbon is Dots, Dashes and Checks from Mike's. The sentiment is from MFT Let's Hear It For The Boys. I cut out the oval for my musicafella with my coluzzle oval template and knife. The corners were done with my corner punch from SU! and the brads were probably from the Joann Essentials line.




My musicafella was popped up using dimensionals on black cardstock. Here is a close-up of the cute little fella.

Thanks for visiting today!

No comments: