Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Hmmm....a Serious Priest.....

I am currently working on some Father's Day cards for a customer. One of the said cards is going to her father-in-law who is an Anglican priest. He is also a very serious man...no room for humour in this one!


I went straight to my Close To My Heart stamp set called Faith. I knew that this praying hands stamp was part of that set, and it seemed very appropriate. The patterned papers are from CTMH also. I used StazOn ink in brown to stamp the image.


The wide grosgrain ribbon is from an SU! share that I just purchased. I must say, I quite like it! :) I distressed the edges of my image with a v-blade. I then used my sewing machine to stitch around the image and the back panel. It all came together with some adhesive and dimensionals.


The Happy Father's Day wish is found on the inside of the card. Although it is simple, I love how this turned out. I have to say that, in my opinion, it is hard to go wrong with browns and blues! They always look great together. I do think I am getting into a bit of a rut colour wise....I am going to have to make a concerted effort to branch out!



Thanks for stopping by!


No comments: