Saturday, May 3, 2008

Happy Mother's Day....Sort Of....

I had a card club customer (try saying that 10 times fast!) recently who needed a birthday card for a friend. I really wanted to use my new stamp set from MFT...Happy Mother's Day. The little hitch in that plan was that the card wasn't for a mother!


I decided to go ahead and use the stamp anyways, and I just masked the wording that goes around the perimeter of the image. A woman holding a flower pot can be appropriate for a friend, right?


I think the blue patterned paper is from Anna Griffin. I stitched around the perimeter of the image and the background with the zigzag stitch on my sewing machine. I used a bit of dashes, dots & checks ribbon to make the little tabs on the right hand side. Rhinestone brads hold the ribbon in place.



The left side looks a little plain to me...but I really love this patterned paper and I didn't want to cover it up with another embellishment. So, I decided to leave well enough alone!

The image was coloured with SU! crayons and an aqua painter. I stamped a few extra lilies on a scrap piece of paper and then coloured and cut them out too. I then used some Scotch Quick-Dry Adhesive to layer them on top of the flowers in the main image. I curled the flowers upwards from the stem and tried to show it in this photo....although, not very successfully. I seem to have problems with close up photos being out of focus sometimes... If anyone out there has any tips, feel free to share! I am not above advice! :)
Have a great day!

No comments: