Thursday, March 27, 2008

Up and Runnin' Again....

I'm back! And totally jet lagged...still. Phew....a six hour time difference can really mess with a girl!

I am happy to be able to share some pics again...finally!

This card was created for a customer who needed some masculine birthday cards. I admit, it isn't the most traditional birthday card ever created...but I was happy with the end result.

I pulled some Stampin' Up papers from my paper pile to begin (Certainly Celery). If you look closely, you will notice that the background of the card is a combination of two different patterns. The stamps are from Close to My Heart (Wisdom), with the exception of the center sentiment. The center sentiment was made from MFT Simply Said. It is a combination of 'best wishes' and 'you are my forever love'. I had to mask and stamp in a few different stages to get the sentiment I wanted, but it worked.

The ink is black StazOn. The circle punches are from Stampin' Up. The ribbon is from Michaels. The edges of the sentiment were inked and then it was turned into a slide using a punch (which I don't remember the name of).

This card was inspired by a sketch over at www.iheart2stamp.com from early March. I just spent a very long time trying to figure that out! I really need to come up with a better system. I see sketches I like, I jot them down on scraps of paper, then when I use them, I have no idea where they came from. If I do happen to have written down where they came from...then I don't know when they were from!

Anywho, the inside of the card reads 'Happy Birthday'.

Now I must sign off. My bed is calling me......

loudly.

No comments: