Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Lightning McQueen

My friend, Marian, has a son who is celebrating his 5th birthday this month. This little guy is the biggest 'Cars' groupie I know. He can tell you the name of every character in the movie, and then some. It is really cute.

So, when it came time to make his birthday card....there was only one option....

Fortunately, I had a big bag of stickers and small favors from the Sandylion Sticker Outlet that I visit whenever I am in the Toronto area. Guess what was in the goody bag?! Lots of cars stickers!

The striped papers are all from a scrap stack. The large sticker of Lightning McQueen is from my Sandylion stash. I stuck him onto black card stock and then hand cut around the image. It was then mounted onto the card with dimensionals.

The circular sign is also a sticker. It was stuck onto brown card stock and then double matted with orange and brown card stock, which had been punched using my circle punches.

The 'piston cup' sticker was stuck onto blue card stock and then punched out using my tab punch.

A spiral clip with a bit of ribbon tied to it was the finishing touch!

No comments: