Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Clean and Simple

Whenever I have to make a 'guy card' I am always stopped in my tracks. I initially draw a blank, and then I gradually work through it. I have some great papers, but it is the stamps that stop me short. I guess that means I just need to expand my stamp collection, right?! *wink* I think I may have to go on over to Stamping Bella and order some fellas. Oh, but I digress....

So, I have a clean and simple 'guy card' for you today. I am working on a customer order for several men's birthday cards. Phew....I am really having to work for this one!

This card uses a stamp set from Close to My Heart (I love my acrylics!). I stamped the image twice, first inking the car in red ink, then cleaning the stamp, and next inking the tires and bumper in grey StazOn, and re-stamping the image again.

The edges of the card stock on which the car is stamped were distressed with a distresser from Close to My Heart. I'm afraid I can't tell you where the striped paper is from.....I found it in my scrap box! Some brown card stock, some tan card stock, and some brads, and there you have it! No colouring required, thanks to the solid stamped image. That certainly helps to speed things up!

The sentiment stamp is from My Favorite Things. The ribbon is from Joann Fabric and Crafts.

This sketch is from Taylored Expressions.

I hope you like it! :)

No comments: