Sunday, March 30, 2008

New to Me

Since my family and I moved to the USA less than a year ago...I have learned of many new things (particularly stamping things), that I didn't previously know about.

Some of those fun new things are My Favorite Things Stamps! I have had this stamp on hand for a little while now, just waiting for the right time and reason to use it. The opportunity presented itself when a customer wanted some feminine birthday cards. Out came 'How Sweet It Is' and the inking began! The image was stamped with black StazOn on watercolour paper purchased in the fine art section of A.C. Moore.

The patterned paper is from a scrap stack. The cardstock is Bazzill Basics textured cardstock. The organza ribbon is from Close To My Heart. The spiral clips are from the Joann Essentials line. I used my Stampin' Up! watercolour crayons to colour in the image and then I went over it with a blending pen. I used decorative edge scissors to create the shaped edge in the background, and my corner rounder punch to round off the corners of the image and the first mat.

All in all, it is just a fun girly card!

No comments: