Thursday, June 19, 2008

To The Man In Our Lives...

As you all know, Father's Day just passed. I made a few cards for the occasion, but have yet to post any of them! So, the card I am posting today is the Father's Day card I made for my husband.

The card base is made from standard scrap stack cardstock. The distressed looking brown paper is by K&Company. I used one of the sentiments from MFTs 'Let's Hear It For The Boys'. It was stamped on a circle and then suspended within the front of the card. The reverse side of the circle reads 'Dad' and it is from Gina K's King of the Grill set. This is the first time I have ever made a suspension card...and I must say....it wasn't difficult! The directions can be found over at Split Coast Stampers in the tutorials.


The main image is Wallstreetafella. He was stamped with StazOn and then coloured with my water colour crayons. I used my sewing machine to zip around the image as well as the background. Once I had the sentiment suspended, I felt the card looked a little bare. So, I added the brown ring around the sentiment and paper pierced around the circle with my piercer. I then added the two bits of ribbon on the right with my standard office stapler. You gotta have a bit of metal on a guy card! I just can't seem to get away from that....

Of course on the inside of the card there is a wonderfully personal and sentimental message...but I won't be sharing that with you! :)

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Anne said...

Tou are so clever. Where do yu find the time?