Sunday, June 15, 2008

Cleanin' Off The Dust

I bought a Quickutz ages ago...and I haven't used it much since. I really need to make some time to play with it....and just see what I can make. In an effort to do that, I recently completed the following scrapbooking layout (in case you are wondering...it was part of a gift album...that's why I am making Christmas layouts in June!).

I needed a two page layout, and I only had one photo to work with. The layout was an 8x8, and the size was ideal for using my Quickutz to fill in some of the gaps. One page of my layout features the photo, and the second page features some of my Quickutz fancy work. :)

On this page I used silver cardstock and Christmas paper from SEI. I used a snowman die, a snowflake die and a Santa die. They were mounted on red and then green cardstock and I used my corner rounder to soften all of the corners. The wide red grosgrain ribbon that covers the seam in the middle is from Michaels. White brads make up the centers of the snowflakes.

The other page also features Christmas paper from SEI. Once again I used red and green cardstock for matting and my corner rounder for continuity with the other page of the layout. A snowflake and wide red grosgrain ribbon are the common elements that tie the two pages together.


Lastly, a white gel pen was used to write the date above the top right corner of the photo.

Thanks for stopping by today!

No comments: