Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Thank You Teachers!

I have to tell you...I don't know how teachers keep their wits about them much of the time! I recently spent a bit of time in my son's kindergarten classroom for end of the year activities. My son and his peers are now entering the phase of childhood where the begin to lose their 'cuteness' and their misbehaviour just becomes pure irritating! Ughhhh....

In an effort to thank these wonderful teachers for all of the shenanigans that they must tolerate, I made them each a card and a card tote.

This was one of the cards......

The papers are from K&Company. I used brown StazOn to stamp both the image and the sentiment on the front of the card. The sentiment is from the Circle of Friendship set from SU! The watering can is from the set Simply Special by Paper Pretties.




I coloured the image with my watercolour crayons from SU! and my aqua painter. I then stitched the image to layered brown and black mats. It was adhered to the front of the pocket card with dimensionals.

The ribbon I used is from CTMH. The big eyelet is from SU! as are the stamp and the punch I used for the sentiment on the front of the pocket flap. I used my corner rounder on the flap and the top corners of the card. The punched edges of the sentiment were inked with brown StazOn to make it 'pop' a bit more against the pale colour of the front flap.

.....and there you have it!

Thanks for stopping by today!

2 comments:

Christie Ortman said...

Absolutely STUNNING! I love every little thing about it!!

Unknown said...

This is wonderful Colleen! What a great look! :)