Tuesday, June 24, 2008

It's Your Day, Friend

I recently made this birthday card for my friend, Audra. She was my very first friend here in New England...and she is still the closest one!

She celebrated her 29th birthday (*wink, wink*) and I wanted to make her a cute card with one of my favorite stamps! So, out came my MFT set, Time For The Bubbly. It is so fun...and just what a mom of three needs on her birthday....some quiet, a glass of wine and a bubble bath!


It is a long card...probably about 6 1/2 by 3 1/2 if I had to guess... The ribbon is from CTMH. The eyelets are Making Memories. The wallpaper was paper pieced and the rest of the image was coloured with coloured pencils. My Spica glitter pen was used on the bubbles. The card stock is all generic and from either Joann's or Michael's. The floral pattern was added to the background with a vellum overlay. The vellum is from DCWV. I used my SU! corner punch and set three eyelets on each corner to finish things off.

Thanks for stopping by today!

2 comments:

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is gorgeous!! Love the colors!!

audra k said...

I love my birthday card! I'm so glad that we had to stand in that long line last year, otherwise I never would have met you. Thanks again! --audra