Friday, April 18, 2008

She's a Girly Girl

One of my recent projects was one of these cute little card totes....requested by my friend, Stefanie. She needed it for a b-day gift for another friend and I was thrilled to help out!



I was told the following....the gift is for a woman who is a 'girly girl'. She has three sons, and rarely gets to enjoy the 'girly' things in life as a result.



I went straight to my Chatter Box papers from the 'Cottage' line. I have several different sets of this paper, and love them all. They are some of those papers that have been in my 'stash' for a very long time simply because I couldn't bear to cut them! This selection is really feminine without being too over the top and flowery.



I chose some fun shoe stamps from one of my Close to My Heart acrylic sets as a starting point. I had a hard time finding an ink to match my papers....I guess that is what you get when you aren't loyal to any one line of products! I found a chalk ink in my stash that matched surprisingly well, after a bit of searching and testing. I stamped the shoes onto white cardstock (four different styles.....of shoes, not cardstock!) and then punched them out with my Fiskars oval punch...which broke in the process! No worries though....a call to Fiskars, and they are going to replace it for me!


Here are two of the four cards....




I felt the cards still needed a bit of 'something', even after adding rhinestone brads. So, I sprinkled some dazzling diamonds onto each of the shoes for just an added bit of shimmer. A bit of stitching with my sewing machine would have been nice too.....maybe next time.


For the front of the tote, I used a chipboard flower which I covered with a complimentary pattern of paper. The center of the flower is actually a button coated in Crystal Effects Lacquer, which was then sprinkled with dazzling diamonds while it was still wet. The whole thing was then set aside to dry.





Have a great weekend!


No comments: