Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Old Stuff....

I was just checking out what I had on my memory card, and I found a few images that I have never posted. I tend to do that a lot.....

I don't have many details about these cards, because they are old...but I will do my best!

The first image is a birthday cake that I found in the Michaels dollar bin. It is an acrylic stamp that actually has flowers on the cake. Because I was making this card to be a bit more masculine, I masked over the flowers when I stamped the image. I water coloured the cake with SU! watercolour crayons. I used my SU! word window punch to make the tabs along the right hand side. First with white cardstock and then I added another layer of blue 'denim-ish' looking paper. How's that for a technical term?! Some layered mats for the cake, a bit of ribbon, a few buttons and some dazzling diamonds on the candle flames, and voila. C'est tout!


My second card is (obviously) a feminine card. The image of the flower cart is from a CTMH acrylic set of stamps. The image was coloured with watercolour crayons. The circular sentiment is from SU! I used my scallop punch and circle punches to mat the sentiment. I used decorative edged scissors on the purple cardstock on the right side to give it a bit of a feminine finish. The mat for the main image was punched with an edge punch which then allowed me to weave the purple ribbon through and tie it at the left side. I then added two paper flowers with rhinestone brads for the centers.

These cards may or may not have originated from sketches...I honestly can't remember. I really need to start writing this stuff down!
Have a great Tuesday! :)

No comments: