Monday, April 21, 2008

Mini Note Cards

The first time I ever made one of these little tins, it was with my stamp club girlfriends.....led by friend and SU! demonstrator, Joanne. Basically, Joanne stands over us with a whip and says things like 'no talking' and 'stamp!!'. It is more or less just a sweat shop. *wink*


Seriously though, we all have great fun and always get to make a new project to take home. One of those such projects was a 3 x 3 mini tin with four note cards and envelopes inside. I scooped up one of the extra tins, and this is what I came up with.






It definitely makes a really cute little gift. I will likely make more in the future!
The flower on the lid is a chipboard flower covered in cardstock and then distressed a bit around the edges. I used a sanding block and a bit of ink on the edges to get the look that you see in the pic.

Just for the record....the swirl on the lid of the tin is a rub-on. It was a NIGHTMARE to get it on there. I don't know if the surface of the tin was too shiny, or the rub-on I had was just crappy. Either way, it wasn't easy! I ended up doing two coats of mod podge over the lid in order to make sure it would stay. I had little faith that it would have stayed put otherwise!
In the end it turned out OK, and into the mail it went...to my friend in Switzerland. I am actually so behind on posting, that she already received it! LOL! She loved it. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Me? Are you serious? I never say "no talking" I say "Who's going to join me in a glass of champagne?" and we eat those AMAZING cookies you brought from switzerland! LOL!

Really cute tin my friend!