Friday, April 4, 2008

Hoppy Birthday

I needed to make a couple of children's birthday cards recently, and while flipping through the stack of miscellaneous papers on my desk, I found a Stampin' Up! inspiration sheet that gave me the idea for this card.

Even though I don't own All Wrapped Up by Stampin' Up, I have stamps that are almost identical from one of their competitors (shhhhh!), Close To My Heart. The CTMH sets are called Little Treasures (the jar) and Frogs (you guessed it....the frog!).

Papers are Bazzills cardstock and the bubble paper is from my scrap bin. The jar was stamped in black StazOn....my 'go to' ink for just about everything lately. The frog was stamped in New England Ivy from CTMH. I cut out the jar and the frog by hand and I then added some Crystal Effects from Stampin' Up! to the spots on the frog's back, as well as to his eyes to give him that 'bulgy eyed' look. The frog was popped up on some dimensionals and three little brads were added to the bottom right corner.

The first part of the sentiment was made using alphabet stickers and the second part was a 'happy birthday' stamp with the 'happy' masked off.

Have a great weekend!


No comments: