Monday, April 7, 2008

Losing Track.....

I received two new stamps from Paper Pretties last week, and eagerly went to work using them on the weekend. For some reason, it didn't register that they were yet unreleased stamps, which means that I can't yet post what I made with them! Ooopsie!

So, I went into my photo files to find a card that I could post for you today, and this is what I came up with.

I have to say, I love this stamp set from My Favorite Things. It is called Time for the Bubbly, and you have seen me use it here before. As a matter of fact, I think I even used the same colour scheme too!

This sketch was from Poetic Artistry....it was the Mojo Monday #27 sketch.

I really wanted to give this sketch a try....but I quickly realized that if I did, I was going to end up covering up part of the image that I didn't want to cover. To solve that problem, I opted to use vellum for the strip at across the bottom. I then used four rhinestone brads that complimented the colours in the patterned papers.

The sentiment was embossed with silver embossing powder and then zapped with my heat gun. The wallpaper was paper pieced and the rest of the image was coloured using a combination of Stampin' Up water colour crayons and Close To My Heart water colour pencils. The bubbles were given a dash of SU Dazzling Diamonds, although you can't tell from the photo. The papers were all from my scrap bin...but originally came from scrap stacks.
Join us over at Paper Pretties for our Prettie Pajama Party on April 11th starting at 8:00 pm EST. Stay tuned for some sneak peaks of the new releases later in the week!

1 comment:

CraftyMomOf3 said...

Super cute!! I love the color scheme and the bubbles look awesome!

Nice job!

xo