Monday, September 15, 2008

Happy Birthday To You, Happy Birthday To You!

My husband celebrated his 34th birthday just a few days ago. It is so hard to believe...we met each other when he was just 19! I was 17 back then....wow....where does the time go?!

For Kevin's birthday card, I tried something really different than my usual style of card. I had my new MFT set Nature Calls, and I really wanted to use it. So, I decided to create a scene. I am really not a 'scene kinda girl' but, this is what I ended up with. It has kind of grown on me now that it is finished and I see it sitting on the mantle every day...but it really isn't one of my favs.

I actually used three different stamp sets on this card. The tree and the bear are from MFT Nature Calls, the clouds are from my Hanna Stamps Route 66 set, and the plane and the banner are from MFT Going Places. The bear and banner are popped up with dimensionals. I distressed the edges of the card stock on the top layer and then layered it onto dark green card stock with a Kraft base. The ribbon is SU! twill tape. The message on the banner was hand written with a Le Plume marker in dark brown. The message reads 'Happy Birthday! We love you beary much!'. That pretty well wraps it up!

Thanks for stopping by today!

1 comment:

Christi Flores said...

Happy Birthday to your hubby!! My DH's birthday was the 11th and he turned 34 as well! :) LOVE the card you made for him!!