Thursday, September 25, 2008

Calling All Scrapbookers.....

.....and wanna be scrapbookers too!

I have a challenge for you today! My last official post and challenge as the Prettie Pages Girl over at Paper Pretties....and it's a good one!

For this challenge, I want to you scrapbook on a white background. Make your layout about the photos and keep them the focus. Skip all the layers and the embellishments and just keep it minimal! Let's see what you can come up with!

You have until next Thursday, October 2nd to upload your layout to the Paper Pretties gallery under weekly challenges. Be sure to use the keyword PCS3 so that we can find all of your creations! If you are chosen as the lucky winner, I seem to think that Christie might have a little goodie from the Pretties Boutique to send your way! Get cracking!

Here is my sample:


I used Bunny Slippers as my Paper Pretties stamp and my layout features photos of my daughter sleeping. The title is made from chipboard letters covered in various patterned papers from my scrap bin. The swirls in the corners of the layout are acrylic stamps from Inkadinkado, stamped in Sweet Leaf ink from Close To My Heart.

Bunny Slippers was coloured with pencils and blended with OMS. I then cut her out and adhered her with dimensionals to my layout.

I journaled in a pale purple pen from CTMH around the perimeter of the photos.

And there you have it! I look forward to seeing what everyone creates!
Thanks for stopping by today!

2 comments:

audra k said...

This looks great, Colleen. I'm going to have to try a white background scrap page soon!

Christi Flores said...

This is so cute Colleen!! I just might have to do this challenge!