Saturday, February 18, 2012

Rocky Mountains

This layout gave me more Cricut practice! The photos depicted are of the Rocky Mountains in western Canada, between Calgary and Banff (in Alberta). It is really, honestly, one of the most beautiful drives I have ever seen (even after having lived in Switzerland!). I love it out west.



The day these photo were taken was a beautiful, sunny, clear, crisp day. I chose navy blue card stock for my page base because I really wanted my photos to stand out against the dark colour. The layout is quite simple, allowing the photos to be front and center. The snowflakes on the right hand page were cut using the Cricut, and then were run through my Xyron and covered with glitter (from SU!). The snowflakes on the left page are card stock stickers.


The journaling block was made using my Top Note die from SU! (yes, again). The silver ribbon is from Michaels. The letters for the title were cut using my Cricut. The patterned paper is SU! as well.


The words on the right hand side of the above page are clear stickers.

Check out those mountains....breathtaking!


Here you see my journaling up close. Yes, by hand again! As I have mentioned before, I am working on including my handwriting in my albums more. It is so much more personal than typed journaling. I know that I love finding my grandmother's or my aunt's handwriting on old recipes, now that they are no longer with us. It is a little piece of them that I still have with me. I challenge you to do the same. Let go of the need to have everything lined up and perfect, and just write!


No comments: