Tuesday, March 20, 2012

I Can Smell the Grapes....

*I've reposted the pics using a different setting on my camera*

I am just realizing as I type this post that these pictures turned out kind of stinky. Hmmm. I think a re-take may be in order!

For now, I will tell you about the layout anyways. This layout features photos of the area surrounding our home where we lived in Switzerland. Our landlord was a wine maker, who also grew and harvested his own grapes. As a result, the property was surrounded by vineyards. Since my daughter was a newborn when we moved to Switzerland, walking through those vineyards pushing a double stroller was the solution to losing my baby weight!

I used my Cricut to cut out the title and the large circle that mats the photo on the above page. A little trip to my button jar gave me the idea for the bunch of grapes on the top right of the page. I hand journaled in white gel pen around the circle to get some of the necessary details in there without a ton of journaling. I just didn't feel that much journaling was necessary on this layout.

The right hand page of my double page layout features a stamp set from My Favorite Things called Meet Me at the Cafe. I used a combination of paper piecing and coloring to fill in the image. I will try and get a better detail photo posted here soon.

I think it is safe to say that stamping on cards is far more common than stamping on scrapbook pages. Because I participate in both the craft of card making and the craft of scrapbooking, I really like to incorporate the two where I can. It can be a challenge at times, because small stamped images can get lost on a 12 x 12 layout. Personally, I like the challenge of trying to make it work, so you are sure to see some more stamping on my layouts in the future!
Stay tuned!

No comments: