Sunday, January 13, 2008

Happy Birthday, Sis!

I normally wouldn't post a card before the recipient has actually received it, but I am pretty sure it is safe...this time.

This is a birthday card that I made for my older sister, Kathy. It is in the mail, on its way to Canada as I type this post.

I know that Kathy has been really busy working two jobs lately, so I am pretty certain she won't be reading my blog.



I can't really tell you why, but this stamp has always reminded me of my sister. I was thrilled to finally get the chance to use it! Kathy is a bit of a sun worshiper, so I can totally see her sitting lounging like this.
The flowered and striped papers are actually glittery....that is very "Kathy" too. She is a glittery kind of girl. The flowers were done with a punch and the girl was stamped with an acrylic stamp set. She was then water coloured using CTMH ink pads and a small brush.
This is one of only two times I have tried my hand at water colouring.....and I am fairly pleased with the results. What do you think? :)

No comments: