Friday, June 29, 2012

Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #3


All right...I managed to get one more entry ready for the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge DT call!  Phew!  For this, my third entry, I decided to turn the sketch on its side and change up the size as well.  This card measures 5 x 5 inches. 

I haven't used any of my Bella stamps in quite some time, so I dusted them off and chose this one to make a card for a dear friend.  She needs a little pick me up right now, so I wanted to send her a card to let her know that even though she is far away, she is always in my thoughts!  I love this stamp, because my friend has crazy curly hair, and my hair is straight.  Rather appropriate, don't you think?  :)




I resorted to my stand-by SU! designer papers and coordinating cardstock.  That way not too much thought is required!  Everything matches up, easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy!  I decided to do some machine stitching on this entry too, since it is something that I didn't do on either of my other two cards.





Here is a close up of me and my friend *wink* who were colored with Copics.  I always find the mouths and the arms a bit of a challenge when coloring Bella stamps.  What color should their mouths be?  And they don't really have any arms....  In the end, I am happy with how 'we' look, so I guess that is what is important!





I did take a couple of minutes to finish off the inside of this card.  I am caving in to the pressure that all of you out there are putting on me because you finish off the insides of your cards so beautifully!

Well, there you have it!  My third (and final) entry for the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge!


No comments: