Saturday, June 16, 2012

Happy Father's Day!


I got the ideas for both of these cards online.  There are dies out there that will allow you to make ribbons, banners and t-shirts.  Honestly, I don't have any of those dies, so I just winged it!  These cards were made for the two grandpas....my dad and my husband's dad for Father's Day. 

The papers are all Stampin' Up!  I like this colour palette because it is inherently masculine, without having to work hard at it.  I also liked the t-shirt idea, but I didn't think I would get enough use out of a stamp and die cut set to make it worth the outlay of cash.  I drew this shirt by hand and then cut it out and coloured it with Copic markers.  I used an old tag I had kicking around as a stencil for this tag.  The corduroy button and brad I had sitting from a LONG time ago, and are both from SU! as well.




For this second card, I used the same SU! papers.  The fish tail ribbons were cut by hand and the circles were cut out using my Nestabilities dies and my Cuttlebug.  The rest is pretty self explanatory!




Enjoy your Father's Day!

No comments: