Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Prince Charming


My husband and I are gearing up to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary this summer.  I cannot believe that it has been 15 years!  We met young, we married young, we had our kids young, and we are still crazy about each other.  I know, it's kind of sappy, isn't it? 

For Father's Day this year, I wanted to make my hubby a special card that was just from me.  The kids each made him one too, and they really did a terrific job, each taking a turn in my craft room using my supplies.  I will have to post pics of their cards too.

Anyways, this is the card that I made.  It isn't a typical 'Happy Father's Day' kind of card, but instead it was to let him know that I still think he is wonderful, even after all these years.  :)

This card was created from a sketch (MFTWSC75), although I didn't actually post the card to the MFT blog.  I will often cruise around online to find sketches, even if they are old ones, and use them to create my projects. 






These papers are all from Stampin' Up.  I have been using a lot of SU! papers lately.  I have such a stockpile of them at hand, and they are all so easily coordinated when you hoard the cardstock too, as I do!  The image is from MFT and I colored it with my Copic markers.  My little knight was colored and then cut out and popped up with some dimensionals.




I finished off the inside of the card (very simply), as is becoming the trend.  I spend so much time on the fronts of my cards, I am not always keen to finish off the inside of them too.  You crafters out there are always raising the bar though, and I figured that this card (and it's recipient) was worth the extra effort! *wink*


No comments: