Sunday, March 25, 2012

I Love My Hemp Twine!

*I have retaken the photos with a different camera setting*
It looks like I am going to have to mess with my camera settings and retake these photos. I am not happy with how these photos have turned out at all. So, please excuse the picture quality!
This is another travel themed layout (for anyone who knows me, that is no surprise!). The photos were taken on a trip to western Canada....Alberta specifically.
I used my Cricut to cut out the 'Nature' title as well as the other two matching green elements.
I was excited to use some of the ledger paper that I picked up while at CKC Cincinnati in the fall, to create my journaling block. I added an 'O Canada' sticker to help anchor that element. I then wrapped hemp twine around one of my photos to give the layout a rustic nature-ish kind-of-feel. I really love hemp twine for this purpose. It is also great on masculine layouts and cards.

This side of the layout features my main photo. You can see that I matted the left photo twice, so
that the eye is drawn towards it as a focal point of the layout. I then added a couple of vellum quotes from a quote stack that I had kicking around, and some more hemp twine, and I was ready to go!
Stay tuned for some better photos to come.....

No comments: