Saturday, July 19, 2008

He's Getting Golf Clubs!

I made this card for a friend to give to her husband for his birthday recently. She told me that she had gotten him golf clubs. So, the first thing that came to my mind was my golfafella, of course! This is the first time I have used him, but I look forward to playing with him again! :)

I had a specific paper in mind for this card....it was bright and loud.....like the pants that you picture older men wearing on the golf course! LOL! The paper was actually from a HUGE scrap stack that I purchased at Costco....it was 360 sheets huge, to be exact!

My little golfafella was paper pieced and then the remainder of the image was coloured with pencils and blended with OMS. Once I finished this...I still didn't like how it looked. The background was too open....too white. The solution I found was in one of my Hanna Stamps sets....I used the clouds from the Route 66 set to fill in some of the gaps. I then used chalks and a sponge dauber to create a soft background of grass and sky. Then I was happy!

The sentiment is from a set called Spunky Greetings by CTMH. The eyelets are from Making Memories. The ribbons are SU!

Thanks for stopping by today!

1 comment:

Jessie/knightrone said...

Super super cute Colleen!!