Sunday, July 27, 2008

Happy Birthday, Sis!

I've been keeping pretty busy for the last few days...hence the lack of posts taking place over here! My husband was getting ready for another business trip and we were just hanging out around here and having family time. He left today....for four days....so I am back to my blog!

I have been working on quite a few projects lately....unfortunately, I can't share any of them with you yet! You will just have to keep checking back if I you are curious! :)

I went through my file of photos that I hadn't yet posted, and I came up with this birthday card that I made for my sister. She is on a weight loss journey...and she is down 40 pounds! I am so proud of her! I bought this little beauty from Hanna Stamps with my sister, Patti, in mind. I knew that I wanted to use it on her birthday card.

The papers are all from a scrap stack. The big blooms are from Making Memories and I used a rhinestone brad for the center of the flowers. The ribbon is Offray...from JoAnn Fabrics and Crafts...I think. I used my ticket corner punch around the main image and she was coloured with watercolour pencils and blended with OMS.

I think that is it for tonight!

Oh, but before I go....don't forget about all of the exciting things coming up over at Paper Pretties! There is a contest for the new Cutie Pie going on. All you have to do to enter is use your Paper Pretties stamps on a card and send your submission to christie@paperpretties.net before midnight on July 31st. If you are chosen as the winner, you will win all of the new releases free! Our stampin' in your jammies release party is going to take place on August 1st at 8:00 pm EST over in the Paper Pretties Forum. You can join us there for some challenges, chatting and prizes!

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment: