Monday, June 4, 2012

A Big Thank You!



This card is going to my in-laws, who came and helped my husband with the kiddies so that I could take a girls' trip to Aruba.  Yes, you read that correctly.  I went on a girls' trip to Aruba, while my husband and kids stayed at home and went to work and school.  I am a lucky girl!

I have a friend who was celebrating her 40th birthday this year, and in celebration of the big day, she was going to Aruba.  The only way we could make it work, in terms of me being able to go with her, was if Kevin were to have some help here at home.  That is where my in-laws stepped in to help out.  They came and stayed at our house for the week so that they were here to get the kids off the bus and supervise homework, snack and afterschool activities, until Kevin got home from work.

I picked up a little gifty-gift (of course!) but I needed a card to go with it.  This is what I came up with!

I used Stampin' Up! patterned papers and cardstock.  The sentiment and stamp are both from over at MFT.  The sentiment was cut out with a Spellbinders Label Nestabilitie Die and my Cuttlebug.  The image was coloured with Copic markers.  A couple of flowers, brads and a button, and I was done!




I had a terrific time in Aruba, and I am already planning my next getaway.  My husband and I will celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary with a trip to Santorini, Greece in October!  I am guessing I will be making a lot of thank you notes after that kid-free-nine-day-getaway!


No comments: