Friday, June 29, 2012

Sweet Sunday Sketch Casting Call



I 'heard' that there was a casting call for the Sweet Sunday Sketch team while I was cruising around the blogosphere, and I decided to get my butt in gear and come up with an entry.  It looks like there are A LOT of entries already, but you can't achieve something that you don't take a shot at, right?

I have really been enjoying playing with my 'a la modes' stamps from over at MFT, so I decided to use one of them for my entry.

I was fortunate enough to get to take a trip to Aruba recently, as the guest of a friend who has a time share there.  It was a fabulous vacation, and I now have some 'thank you' cards to send out.  This little lady was perfect for the task.

I used both cork and a piece of a cut up brown paper lunch bag on this card, because for me, they both evoked visions of coffee.  Fresh coffee beans in a brown paper bag....I can smell them as I sit here typing.....sigh.




The papers are all from Stampin' Up, and my stamped image was colored with Copics.  I am having more fun playing with my Copics since I took a couple of classes at CKC Cincinnati in the fall.  They now don't seem quite as intimidating! 




Here is a detail shot of my little barista.  You will also notice that my sentiment is from a different MFT set...one of the Who's That Girl sets called Hot Stuff.  It is another favorite of mine!


Wish me luck on the casting call!


No comments: