Friday, June 29, 2012

Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #2


When I 'heard' about the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge, I decided that I would like to give it a shot.  The rules say that you can enter more than one time, so I can only improve my odds if I do, right?

On that note, here is my second submission for the challenge!  I am traveling back to Canada next week, to attend my new niece's baptism.  Of course, I need to bring a very cute gift, and a hand made card.  For an event like this, a store bought card just wouldn't do!

Since this is my second submission for the challenge, I also thought that I should show some different techniques than the ones I used on my first card.  This time I decided to step away from the images that need to be colored, and do some embossing instead.  I haven't embossed in AGES!  I have to say, going back to some older and lesser used tools has been a fun excercise for me.





The papers that I have used here are all from Stampin' Up, as is the cross image.  I stamped the image in Brilliance ink and then used ultra fine gold embossing powder on top.  I gave it a shot with my heat gun, and I was good to go.

The ivory background was dry embossed with a swiss dot embossing folder and my Cuttlebug and the flowers were made using Die-namics from over at MFT.






I finished off the inside of the card very simply with another gold embossed cross and the sentiment 'on your Baptism day'. 

I have to admit, I changed this card around a few times.  I had the vision of pink and black for this card, because I really wanted the contrast that those colors would provide.  I initially stamped the cross in black, but it felt too morbid.  I preferred the gold in the end, and so did my two little critics.  They think they are experts at the ripe old ages of 10 and 7!  :)


No comments: