Friday, April 11, 2008

Sweet One

Recently, one of my very good friends contacted me wanting me to make some note card 'thank yous' as part of a gift she is giving to a family with a new baby girl. I was happy to do it.....I always have fun making things that are themed for little girls....I guess it is my inner girl coming out!

Quite some time ago, I saw a great little tutorial on my friend Joanne's blog. It was for a little box filled with four note cards and envelopes. If I remember correctly, I think Joanne said that she had gotten this template from her upline at SU!.
I made the outside of my box pretty much exactly as Joanne made hers, with the exception being that I used cardstock and then added patterned paper to the front and back of the box only. The papers are by Me & My Big Ideas -Vintage Scrappy Chic - Baby line. The cardstock is from DCWV. The image on the front of the box is from the SU! So Many Scallops set. I stamped it in brown StazOn and then punched it out with my scallop punch. I then punched a second scallop from brown cardstock and rotated it just enough that it shows behind the scallop with the image on it. Then a slightly larger circle was punched, the edges were inked and it was added as the bottom layer. The image was then fastened to the box using dimensionals on the bottom half, with the top being left loose so that the flap of the box can be tucked behind it.
As Joanne did in her example, I fastened the corners with brad. These are jumbo pink brads from.....I can't remember where.
The note cards are beige cardstock mounted onto the same line of patterned paper used for the exterior of the box. The ribbon is from Michaels. The brads used on the top left corner of each note card are mini brads from Colorbok. The sentiment is from the SU! Lots of Thoughts set, with the 'many thanks' cropped from the rest of the stamped image. The edges of the sentiment were then inked to make it pop a bit more and it was fastened with dimensionals.

Have a great Friday!

No comments: